Nassfeld is one of the top 10 Austrian ski resorts. The ski area Nassfeld Hermagor lies in south-western Carinthia on the Austrian-Italian border. Nassfeld has been rated as the best in the category “Accommodations directly at the pistes & lifts” in the skiresort.de test report from 18.02.2013. Also the average amount of sunshine in winter and spring is about 100 hours more than north of the Alps, and the the topography of this ski-resort allows for skiing on sunny pistes almost all day long.
Winter Season 2013/14: 06.12.2013 – 21.04.2014
- 30 lift facilities: 5 of them cable cars, 4 six-seater chair lifts, 4 four-seater chair lifts and 17 T-bar lifts
- 110 km of perfectly groomed pistes: 11 km difficult, 69 km intermediate and 30 km easy
- The longest floodlit piste in the Alps
- A 7.6 km long downhill run
- Millennium Express – the longest cable car in the Alps
- Marked snowboard and freeride area, Snow Park
- Blue Day with New School Skiing and new fun-equipment
- Ski-Movie race track – BMW xDrive Cup
- Snow reliability due to special micro-climate and 100% snow-coverage
Nassfeld offers Freeride Areas for advanced skiers and snowboarders.
Snowboarders can enjoy themselves at “Snow-Park” near the Gartnerkofel.
Experts on the board start at the “Kickerline” with four kickers up to a height of 14 meters.
For beginners the Beginner Line offers the Flat Box, Rainbow Box and Up & Down Box.
Snowboarders with more experience can train at the Public Line with obstacles, like the Wallride XL which is three meters high or the Curved Box with a length of six meters.
Night Skiing „The piste is full of colours“
04.01.2014 – 01.03.2014
every Saturday from 6.30 pm – 9.00 pm
on the longest floodlit piste in the Alps (Nassfeld/Tröpolach): 2.2 km